by Gary Lane
A follow-up to the bestselling Improve Your Chess in 7 Days, this essential chess instructor is perfect for players who are desperate to brush up on their tactics but don”t have time to devote to long hours of study. Handily arranged day by day, it is full of easy-to-follow advice on developing nifty tricks that will confound your opponent and help you win the game. It includes all the basic tactical skills such as pins, decoys, deflections, double attacks etc, then delves deeper, showing you how to harness them at various points of the game. It also contains a sprinkling of chess cartoons to keep you smiling as you read.
- Day 1: So You Want to Improve Your Tactics?
- Day 2: Understanding Tactics
- Day 3: Develop Your Creativity
- Day 4: Tactics in the Opening Day Day
- 5: Tactics in the Middlegame
- Day 6: Tactics in the Endgame
- Day 7: Blunders and Brilliancies
Packed with tips and tricks, this book’s clear, no-nonsense style makes it the ideal companion for sharpening your tactics – quickly.
Extent: 224 pages
Size: 234 x 156 mm
Illustrations: 8 illustrations